Monday, May 8, 2017

Epically Epic Spring Lip Balms - Review

Even though I still haven't finished up my fall balms from Epically Epic, I could not resist when the shop re-opened and put out new balms for spring! Some of these have an island theme, but I got a few additional balms as well.



Chocolate Chip Cookies - I love cookies, I won't lie. I liked EE's Sugar Cookie balm, so why wouldn't I get the Chocolate Chip one? This balm smells more like hot cocoa to me than chocolate chip cookie, but the important thing is that it smells delicious and chocolatey. The balm itself is light and hydrating, not stiff at all, and not thick.
Review - 4/5

Cafe con Leche - I definitely prefer tea over coffee - but I LOVE the scent of fresh brewed coffee! This balm smells like a rich deep roast with a splash of cream, just as the name implies. The formula on this one isn't too soft, and applies an even layer without skipping. The balm is rich and is moisturizing, but doesn't feel too heavy and doesn't have a ton of slip. I really like this one!
Review- 5/5

Malibu & Pineapple Juice - I didn't even think about it when I aded this to my cart - I love this drink in the summer, and I love pineapple and coconut flavors outside of my cocktails as well! The scent of this balm is AMAZING and the flavor isn't synthetic. It smells just like ripe pineapple and coconut cream - I love it! The balm itself is a little bit lighter which compliments the tropical scent. Although the balm itself is light, it isn't any less hydrating than others I have. It isn't too soft, or too firm - just right! I am going to be using this alllllll summer!
Review - 5/5

Minty Mojito - Yes, another cocktail flavor. I love mojitos in the summer, but I feel bad asking busy bartenders to make them because they are such a hassle - but now I have the flavor without the guilt! (or the calories...) The scent is fresh and minty, but not mint, if you know what I mean. There's a hint of lime in the flavor of the balm when it's applied. This one is light and hydrating, but I feel like it's a bit lighter than I'd like (which isn't terrible, I think it might be weird if it was a HEAVY mojito balm...) This one applies nicely, though it seems a bit softer than others.
Review - 4/5

Shamrock Shake -  I won't lie, I've never had a Shamrock Shake! I bought this for my partner, who really likes them. So unfortunately, I can't attest to the flavor of the balm as compared to the real deal. This one is really minty - lots of peppermint and a hint of chocolate. I definitely get some lip tingles when wearing this, which I'm not a fan of in a lip balm. I'm not the biggest peppermint fan, so I won't be stealing this balm back. This one feels a bit heavier than the others, but still applies nicely and is not stiff. My partner likes it, which means it was a good choice in my eyes.
Review - 3.5/5

...and that's all of them! As always, Epically Epic shipped to me well within their stated turn around time of 2 weeks. Everything came nicely packaged, and I'm happy with everything. If you're looking for a new balm, I really do recommend them - unless you're not in the market to end up spending $30 on lip bam within 6 months due to all the new flavors!

No comments:

Post a Comment