Tuesday, May 9, 2017

March 2017 Favorites!


Getting back into the swing of things - only a month late typing this up! (I've had the photo for ages though...) Let's just get to it!

Urban Decay Naked Ultimate Basics - I received this for Christmas and am really liking it a lot more than I thought I would! I've been doing a quick neutral eye with Blow on the lid, Faith blown out in the crease, and Lockout on the outer corner. I'll put an iridescent shade in the inner corner, or even a bright pop like Electric Warrior (which is why it's also listed...) along with winged liner. I've played with some of the other shades, and it's a really handy palette. UD's matte formula here is very good, I haven't had any complaints.

Kat von D Metal Crush in Electric Warrior - Might as well go over the other eyeshadow I picked this month! I really am loving this on the inner corner of a nude eye. I've also used it on the lid paired with matte greens in the crease for a very springy eye look. It's pigmented, blends beautifully, builds up to be very bright, and is just all around great. I also have Thunderstruck from this line, which I love as well.

Essence Pure Nude highlighter - I bought this on KathleenLight's recommendation - and I have no regrets! I waffle when it comes to highlighters and whether or not I want a natural glow or a disco ball streak on my face. I am loving this highlight for a natural, non glittery glow! It blends nicely and doesn't highlight texture on my face. The best part - it's $5!!!! AND the pan is huge! I'm all about this highlighter, and have recommended it many times since buying it.

NARS Pore & Shine Control Primer - I won't lie, this is my new HG mattifying primer. It applies easily, doesn't make foundation look patchy, and it keeps me matte! I initially got a sample of this from Sephora but then purchased the full size after being very impressed. It's played nicely with the foundations and BB creams I've paired with it so far, and it doesn't muck up my sunscreen. I've been recommending this to anyone in search of a mattifying primer. Now that Ulta has NARS, I can repurchase using points! (Of course they didn't get it til after I bought this one...)

MAC Fix+ - I really wish I knew what made this so great! It keeps my face from looking powdery or cakey in a way that other setting sprays just don't do. I do pair this with a mattifying setting spray, but this goes on first! I also prefer to use this instead of plain water when wanting to dampen shadows for my lid.vThis is my nth bottle of this - I'm debating getting a mini for when I travel, too!

...and that's it! What have you been loving lately?

No comments:

Post a Comment