Sunday, November 12, 2017

October 2017 Favorites!

October has come and gone far too quickly (isn't that always the case?) and November is here and there is a chill in the air.  Most of this month's favorites have been showcased either on previous posts, or on my Instagram - but that's what makes them favorites, right?


TWO blushes this month - Becca Mineral Blush in Wild Honey and Marc Jacobs Air Blush in Flesh & Fantasy. These two have graced my favorites before, because they really are that great. Wild Honey is a great compliment to autumn themed looks, and Flesh & Fantasy is just a great basic everyday blush shade.

I loved the belif Aqua Bomb so much that I finished my jar of it during October. It's a wonderfully light gel cream that works as a daytime or nighttime moisturizer. I repurchased this during the recent Sephora sale just because I miss reaching for it! I love the texture and the light, fresh scent. I do not love the price though, $38 for 50mL. (Also the packaging is stupidly deceptive. It's really wide, but you do NOT get that entire thing filled with cream. I hate it!)

I've been all about the Essence Lash Princess False Lash Effect mascara lately. For starters, I love the price - $4.99! I love cheap mascaras because I adhere to the "rule" that mascaras should be tossed after 3 months. This mascara also makes my lashes look great wth one catch - I have to wipe excess product off of the brush with a tissue (I roll the brush on the tissue rather than wipe!) or there is just too much product on my skinny, wimpy lashes. However, once wiped down, the brush is able to hug most of my lashes on one pass and give me some length and volume. False lash effect? Not to me, but I really don't have much to start with. But for less than $5, I don't mind essentially wasting product on a tissue to get a really good looking set of lashes.

I know it was in last month's favorites but I am still so, so in love with the Fenty Beauty Gloss Bomb! I have loved layering it (and other glosses, I am a hardcore gloss addict at the moment) over just a lip liner as a basic yet polished lip look. The scent is still a bit sickly sweet right out of the tube, but thankfully it fades quickly. I also love the rose gold packaging, but I'm a sucker for anything rose gold. I know a lot of people love this gloss, and I am not ashamed to be fully aboard this hype train.

Maybe next month will have some more new new products (thanks to Sephora VIB Rouge sales and Ulta coupons) but I love showcasing products that truly are my favorites - my workhorse everyday products. Hopefully November is a great month for both beauty and life in general!

No comments:

Post a Comment