Sunday, November 5, 2017

September Empties

True to my word in my August empties post, I'm back with September's empties! It makes me happy to get rid of my literal bag of garbage aka empties underneath my vanity more than 3 times a year. As you can see, I go through skincare items much more frequently than makeup items thanks to single use sheet masks. I haven't been sheet masking as often as I'd like...I need to get back into the habit! (...because I have an entire drawer stuffed with masks!)


Starting off with skincare...Shiseido cottons are a staple item in my routine. I use them to remove excess eye makeup and put on certain acids and toners. I always get the big package, as it has a much better value than the mini pack. I stock up during Ulta sales, so I always have a backup package!

I mentioned that I have been sheet masking less, and used only SEVEN masks this month!!! I mentioned how much I was loving the Helloskin Jumiso First Skin Lightening sheet masks on my Instagram AND my favorites for September. As you can see, I used four, so I really like them! I also tried out the Whamisa Organic Flowers & Aloe hydrogel mask after wanting to for ages! I did a mini review on my Instagram of it right after trying it. I got really great results from this, so I'm sort of hoarding the second one of these I have for a special occasion. The other two masks, Tosowoong Pure Propolis and My Beauty Diary Apply Polyphenol are both staples in my stash - these are great for hydrating and soothing inflamed skin, respectively.

Ever since Biore went and ruined my life/reformulated their Aqua Rich Watery Essence sunscreen, I've been searching for a replacement. Missha All Around Safe Block Essence Sun was a really nice sunscreen, I enjoyed using it over the summer. Unfortunately, it's only SPF 45. I may buy another to use during the winter, but I do have some other sunscreens to use up in the meantime.

I love a good clay mask, and the Elizavecca Carbonated Bubble Clay Mask was a clay mask with extra entertainment value. However, it was a little more drying than other clay masks, and I rarely feel dryness in my skin. I feel like it was more of gimmicky than it was effective. I definitely have clay masks that I prefer more over this one.

I only managed to finish one bath item this month - Savor whipped soap in White Tea & Ginger. I was really disappointed by this one - the scent was not very white tea at all, mostly over spiced ginger! I do love the stiffer soap formula that Savor has, but this scent was a total miss for me. So glad I only got a mini.

On to makeup! Finished up my travel size Clinique High Impact Mascara & Lash Building Primer duo. This was great for travel, as the primer helped build my super weak lashes, and the mascara was easy to remove at the end of the day, meaning I didn't need additional eye makeup remover. I got another of these in a Sephora Play box, so I don't even need to actually repurchase!

Finished up and immediate repurchased two of my favorite products - NARS Pore & Shine Control Primer, and Laura Mercier Translucent Powder. I use both of these daily, and they really help keep my face matte. The NARS primer only came out earlier this year and I've been obsessed with it since.

That's all of my empty products for September! Hopefully I can get October's up sooner rather than later. I've been making a real effort to finish products and really only repurchase the ones I love. It's tough because there's so much stuff on the market, but I don't need all of it. (Though I do want it!) Seeing how much (or rather, how little in comparison to what I still have) I use in a month has really been helping curb my spending - I already own more than I can ever use, it's better to keep finishing things rather than keep buying new new new. Hopefully this trend continues!

1 comment:

  1. I've got my eye on the Missha sunblock actually. Will probably get it when I'm in need of a new product.

    Joy to the World

    ReplyDelete