Friday, October 27, 2017

September 2017 Favorites!

Every month I try to focus on the products I enjoyed using the most, whether they be new acquisitions or old standbys. I don't like the idea of featuring products released that month and that are never heard about again - it doesn't feel like a true "favorite" to me. This month I have a few newer items, but I've really grown to like them - and I still find myself reaching for them even now (at the end of October when this post should have been done weeks ago, shhhh!)

I find myself sheet masking less lately, and it's mostly out of sheer laziness or not wanting to do much after work. (It's so weird, I'll do a big extensive routine in the morning, when I don't really have time. Evening? Nope.) I picked up 10 of the Helloskin Jumiso First Skin Lightening sheet masks when 0.8Liter had a flash sale on them. I put my mini review of this mask on Instagram - I loved it! The fabric is light and clingy, and the essence made my skin so bright. I have a few of these left from the 10 I got originally, maybe they will revitalize my love of masking. (Or I can just get motivated somehow.)

I have about 10 too many base products in rotation, and the Make Up For Ever Ultra HD Invisible Cover Foundation is no exception to that. I've been reaching for this more and more often, because it gives a natural, medium coverage finish that I've really been enjoying lately. I consider "medium" coverage to cover imperfections, but let my freckles show through. (I don't have super prominent freckles, so anything heavier coverage would cover them right up.) I use shade Y225, which has more yellow, somewhat olive-y undertones. Is it a good match? I guess so, but I'm absolutely terrible at matching my foundation sometimes. It doesn't look orange, and it doesn't oxidize on me. I'm able to pair this foundation with the majority of my mattifying primers, and it sits well over my sunscreen as well. To me, it's just a solid go-to foundation, and deserved a spot in this month's favorites due to my preference for it over my other base products.

Te beauty community lost their collective minds (for the most part) over Rihanna's makeup line release last month. I tried to resist, but I gave in and purchased the Fenty Beauty Gloss Bomb Universal Lip Luminizer. To me, it lived up to its hype - it's lightweight, non sticky, works well with my skin tone, and can be used alone or to dress up another lip product. I've been using it over lip liners and lipsticks - my favorite combo so far has been using the gloss over Bite Beauty lip liner in #028 and Urban Decay Hitch Hike (which go perfectly together even without the gloss.) I'm happy to see lip gloss making a bit of a comeback after what feels like an eternity of matte lips. I really like this gloss formula, and I hope Rihanna comes out with more shades in this formula and packaging.

I honestly can't remember how I got a sample of NEST Black Tulip, but I am so glad I did! It's similar to YSL Black Opium, which I really love. The scent is floral, but not an overly white floral, and I find it to be warm and complex. I'm pretty sure I'll be finishing up this sample sooner rather than later, and I will hopefully be purchasing a rollerball in the near future.

Last, but not least because I love my favorites equally, is Smashbox Always On liquid lipstick in Driver's Seat. This mini came from the Sephora subscription box earlier this year, and I had been dying to try this shade in particular. It's a pretty basic warm pink, but I live for warm pinks and have far too many already. The formula is comfortable and not overly drying. This shade happens to look great when topped with the Fenty gloss, which sort of defeats the entire purpose of a matte lipstick...but it looks good and that's what matters. I'm almost done with this mini (which is so cute, I love mini lipsticks) and will certainly be purchasing a full size. I have full sizes in other shades of this formula as well.

I'm happy I was able to try some new products this past month, and that I wound up really liking them. Hopefully October has some new favorites as well...but I'm sure these products will be popping up on my list again in the near future.

No comments:

Post a Comment