Tuesday, October 24, 2017

Recent Repuchases

There's always an emphasis on the new new in the beauty community - I fall victim to it as well. I love new items, but I also like hearing about staples that are bought time and time again. Here are my recently repurchased products - still technically a "haul," but a haul of tried and true products.


I've tried tons and tons of dry shampoos (minis in beauty boxes let me try new ones without breaking the bank!) but I keep coming back to Batiste Dry Shampoo. It's like $8 at Ulta (I know it's cheaper elsewhere, but there's always a coupon and I love getting points!) and it gets the job done. My hair is very fine and looks greasy easily, so I'm not usually relying on dry shampoo for days at a time. I haven't noticed a white cast in my relatively dark hair from the regular Batiste. I've tried a bunch of the "flavors" and Tropical happens to be my favorite.

If you follow me on Instagram, I recently did #1empty1newbie posts for both the Essie Good to Go and Laura Mercier Translucent powder. Both are staples I use in my routines constantly - the Essie is my new Holy Grail topcoat, and the powder I use daily to set my foundation. Both last a decently long time, but I was happy to repurchase two products that I KNOW work for me.

The NARS Pore & Shine Control Primer is something I bought for the first time earlier this year (it only came out this year!) and this is my second tube. It's an integral part of my mattifying routine for my makeup, so I was happy to repurchase this one.

I first reviewed the NYX Micro Brow Pencil over two years ago, and it's still an HG. It's less than $10, works great, and the packaging doesn't break like more expensive pencils in similar packaging from mid-end brands. Ulta usually has buy one get one 50% off as well...(I swear I am not paid by Ulta. If they'd like to pay me, I am available.)

Last but definitely not least is the Kat von D Tattoo Liner in Trooper. I used to be a die hard gel liner user, but the last year has me using liquid liner more often. The Tattoo Liner has a wonderfully precise brush tip - I find that felt tips get fuzzy quickly and are not as precise. I wish KvD would take all of their felt tip liner colors and do brush tip liners with them, I would buy so many of them. This dries a little shiny, so I would also love a matte version. I do still find my go to gel liner (Inglot #77) to have a much richer black, but the Tattoo Liner is just so much easier to get a quick wing.

I've found that I definitely have a set few products I repurchase time and time again. It's tough - there's so many choices out there in terms of things like powder and brow products, that sometimes I want to try something new to see what I may be missing. I've been good about sticking to what I know - it isn't potentially wasted money if I know I like and will use the product.

What do you find yourself constantly coming back to?

No comments:

Post a Comment