Monday, December 4, 2017

October Empties

Another month, more empties! I'm really happy that I'm sticking to getting a monthly empties post in, instead of hoarding trash for months at a time. As always, lots and lots of skincare. This month has a decent amount of hair and body care as well. I go through makeup less frequently, but there's a couple of items that I finished up in October. Read on if you're interested in some quick thoughts on the products I finished.
I've been saying I need to get back into sheet masking, and this month's mask usage was still underwhelming. I used a few of my favorite Tosowoong Pure Green Tea and Pure Propolis sheet masks, as I always have a stash of those on hand. Another Helloskin Jumiso First Lightening mask got used as well, I used a bunch in September and really liked them. Also used a TonyMoly I'm Real Seaweed sheet mask, which I didn't really love.

I was a little sad to finish my bottle of Innisfree Green Tea Seed Serum as I really love it for some light hydration while calming redness in my skin, but finishing it allowed me to try something new. I definitely would repurchase, though, as this was my second bottle. Also finished up two more repeat skincare products - Mizon Snail Recovery Gel Cream  and Cosrx A-Sol. I was super upset when Biore reformulated my favorite sunscreen. I just finished up the first bottle of the new Aqua Rich Watery Essence sunscreen and I don't love it as much, but it isn't awful by any means. I also finished up another pack of Simple Cleansing Wipes. I use these to take my makeup off before a workout. They don't get all of my eye makeup off, but it gets the majority of my makeup off with no issue.

I finished two dry shampoos up! A full size Batiste, which is my go-to dry shampoo. It's affordable and gets the job done. I also finished a mini Klorane dry shampoo. I really don't notice a difference between the Klorane and the Batiste, so I don't see any reason to drop more money on a more expensive dry shampoo.I also keep getting minis of other brands in beauty boxes or as gifts with purchase, so I rarely even need to buy dry shampoo!

October saw the demise of my beautyblender. It tore at the bottom, so it was about time to replace it. I did a comparison last year when I replaced my beautyblender, and this one was super clean on the inside as well. I clean my sponge before each use with liquid Dr. Bronner's soap. I will admit, I haven't used many other sponges, the beautyblender just works so well for me that $20 yearly to replace it doesn't seem that expensive.

I don't usually get to post nail polish empties, but I have one this month! Essie Good To Go  is my new topcoat of choice. As you can see, it isn't exactly empty, but the product still left is pink tinted and very thick and hard to work with. I got a new bottle recently and the difference between new product and old thickened product is like night and day.

I go through bath stuff pretty quickly. My favorite standby Tree Hut sugar scrub is something I go through every month or so. It's cheaper than indie scrubs, which I tend to try and save. I also finished a Haus of Gloi whipped soap, which is my fave whipped soap formula! This was a fall scent, and the label definitely took a beating in my shower. I also finished up a Haus of Gloi Body Emulsion, which is is one of my favorite lotions as it's light and sinks in quickly. This was their unscented lotion, but I had mixed in some First Blush perfume oil.

Last but not least, my two makeup empties! I've been using this tube of Benefit Gimme Brow for a while, and it seems to have started to go dry. I really like the effortless, cleaned up brow I get from this, but the price tag is a little much. I replaced this with Essence Make Me Brow, which is infinitely (okay, like $21) cheaper. Also finished up (and really liked!) Burberry Cat Lashes mascara. This separated my lashes and gave me nice length. I always really love super expensive mascaras, which sucks, because I try to replace them every 3-4 months. $30 is a bit steep for a mascara, especially because I have more than one mascara open at a time.

That's it for October's empties! I haven't replaced everything I emptied, which isa good sign. However, I did use up a lot of staple products, which means a bunch of repurchases did happen. But I'm making progress with using up what I own, and that's what really matters.

No comments:

Post a Comment