Tuesday, January 9, 2018

December Empties

My final empties of 2017! These don't count toward my Reverse Rouge Challenge, which sucks, because December was a great month in terms of finishing products!


I finished a ton of skincare!! The Clinique Dramatically Different Moisturizing Gel is a staple in my routine, so I already had a backup of that waiting. I need to get the jumbos of this again, the regular pump bottle doesn't last long enough! The rest of the empties were products that were new to me. The May Coop Raw Sauce was a nice hydrator that brightened my skin. This was the travel size, and I may track down and repurchase the full size. I will also likely repurchase the Goodal Waterest Lasting Water Oil, which was great on my oily skin. I will also be repurchasing the Neulii Green Tea BHA  and The Ordinary Buffet.

I won't be repurchasing the Mizon AHA 8%Peeling Serum because although it worked fine, I want to try a different AHA. I also wasn't wowed by the Neulii Snail Bee Anti-Wrinkle Serum so that won't be a repurchase for me. I want to check out the Benton Snail Bee reformulation instead.

Another lame month in terms of sheet mask usage. Just four...all of them were pretty good. I really do like the Etude House 0.2 Therapy Air masks, I want to try more flavors. It was also a super weak month for makeup empties - just my everyday NYX Micro Brow Pencil, which I've already gone ahead and repurchased.

Two Haus of Gloi empties this month! A bubbling scrub in the Grapefruit Tea scent, which was nice and refreshing, although seasonally inappropriate. Also finished a Pumpkin Queen whipped soap, which has depleted my store of soap in this scent - I'll have to restock next year!

I actually really liked the Soap & Glory Sugar Crush Hand Food a lot! I kept it at my desk as a post hand washing moisturizer, as the soap at work is super drying on my hands. I had tried the regular Hand Food scent and found it way too floral, but the Sugar Crush is right up my alley! I can see myself purchasing a big tube of this for work. I might need something more heavy duty for winter, though.

This was a great month for finishing travel sized hair minis! First up, I've already purchased a full size of the bumble & bumble Surf Foam Spray. It really gives a ton of volume AND texture to my fine hair. Their Surf Infusion was okay, but didn't give me the volume I like. In terms of dry shampoo, the Eva NYC one was just fine. I'll stick with my Batiste, though. Wrapping it up, the Verb Sea Spray gave some decent beachy texture, and it was lightweight on my hair. I would consider repurchasing this one.

That's it for 2017! I definitely used a lot of stuff, and I'm excited to see how 2018 is in terms of cutting down my stash, using products, and low buying. Hopefully I can hit my goal of $1,000 used, and it would be even better if I spent less than that!

No comments:

Post a Comment