Tuesday, January 30, 2018

January 2018 Favorites!

Happy New Year! January is almost done, so it's time to discuss my favorite products from this month! Four of these items this month are relatively new - bought either this month or the end of 2017 and I didn't start using them until January, so they count as "new." I bought so much at the end of 2017 that I haven't felt the need for "new" stuff, which is making my low buy a lot easier!


So I already posted about it on my Instagram, but I am loving Lush Sleepy body lotion! I had read some positive reviews on IG and reddit, and decided to pick up a gift set for myself that had this in it. I've been using a little bit on my chest at night (sort of like Vick's Vaporub) and I find that it really makes me feel relaxed. It doesn't cause me to fall asleep right away, but it definitely makes getting into the bedtime mindset easier. I plan on buying a big one when this little one is empty.

I told myself I didn't need more highlighters, but I got sucked in by the mini of Becca Vanilla Quartz. It's a slightly warm white gold that is so much prettier swatched than in the pan. It is sparkly, and can be built up for disco ball levels of highlight, but with a light hand it's useable for everyday. I think it's going to put Becca Moonstone out of a job in my collection.

My nails have been breaking at the corners a lot lately. I was using OPI Nail Envy but it clearly wasn't cutting it. I saw mention of Nailtiques Formula 2 on reddit so I decided to give it a try. I started using it as a base coat for two weeks, but not reapplying daily - I still got some breaks on the sides of my nails. That's 100% on me, as I didn't follow the directions. I did my nails again this past Sunday and have been reapplying daily. Unfortunately the additional top coat makes the polish soft and it wrinkled on one of my nails. BUT, my nails definitely feel tougher with this on. I really hope it works out.

Switching gears to an oldie but goodie - Clinique Cheek Pop in Nude Pop! I have really worn down the design on this because I love loading it onto my cheeks. I've also been mixing it with some bolder blushes for a more natural looking shade. I hope to add more Cheek Pops to my collection this year.

Last but not least, after wishlisting it for ages and being so happy it's wonderful, Chanel Rouge Allure Ink in Sédusiant! It's a wonderful bright pink with subtle gold shimmer. The formula is lightweight and dries matte if you blot it. I love a bright pink lip, and I like to wear brights even in winter to bring some color back into my life. Super glad I finally got my hands on this and that it worked out for me!

I'm happy that even on a low buy, I'm able to work some new products into my favorites this month. As much as I do like highlighting favorite stash staples, new goodies are a little more fun. I am hoping that spring coming gives me some inspiration for using more colors in my makeup, and I'll have some new things to highlight.

1 comment:

  1. Nude Pop is one of my favorite blushes of all time! I got the sleepy lotion from lush for Christmas and I really love it too!

    ReplyDelete