Wednesday, August 20, 2014

Review - Charlotte Tilbury KISSING Lipstick in Bitch Perfect and Lip Cheat Lipliner in Pillow Talk

Ever since I heard that there was a lipstick called "Bitch Perfect," I knew I needed it in my life. It didn't matter if it wasn't my shade, or if it was something I would never wear - I had to have it. Thankfully, it is a shade that not only works for me, but is easy enough to apply that I will be reaching for it often! I received Bitch Perfect and the matching lipliner in Pillow Talk in my recent swap, since Charlotte Tilbury is difficult to get a hold of in an affordable manner in the US as of right now.

Charlotte Tilbury KISSING lipstick in Bitch Perfect
Charlotte Tilbury Lip Cheat lipliner in Pillow Talk
Wrist swatches - Bitch Perfect on top,
Pillow Talk on bottom

Look at that rose gold packaging - mmm. The packaging for the lipstick has some definite weight to it, and a luxe feel about it. Application was smooth, ant not patchy. The formula is a tiny bit drying, but I was not having the world's best lip day when I wore it, so the formula may not be drying. The finish of the lipstick after blotting is a nice satin finish. After a cup of coffee and a snack, the color is still going strong. No bleeding or feathering - but that may be due to the lipliner!

The Lip Cheat liner applied smoothly with no skips, and did not allow any bleeding or feathering of the lipstick. The lipliner was a matte finish, which paired nicely with the satin of the lipstick - blended right in and created a defined lip line.I dislike that I will have to sharpen the product, since that means I will lose some of it to the sharpening process. The packaging is very nice, the lid does not seem to be one of those that will split if put back on a bit too forcefully. The colored end is always appreciated, as you can grab the color you want without having to read the label.

Charlotte Tilbury KISSING lipstick in Bitch Perfect:

Pros:

  • Gorgeous, luxe packaging
  • Nicely pigmented
  • Smooth application

Cons:

  • Not the most moisturizing product
£23 for 3.5g
Review - 4.5/5

Charlotte Tilbury Lip Cheat lipliner in Pillow Talk:

Pros:
  • Applied smoothly
Cons:
  • Will need to sharpen product
£16 for 1.2g
Review - 4.5/5

No comments:

Post a Comment