Sunday, August 31, 2014

Review - Kat von D Everlasting Love Liquid Lipstick in Lolita

It has been only recently that I decided to start trying out liquid lipsticks. I had a few NYX Soft Matte Lip Creams which I really like, but I decided to try the Kat von D formula that Anna constantly raves about on Reddit

Lolita is one of the two shades I decided to start with, the other being Bachelorette (that I will review soon!) I paired this with a lip primer (MAC Prep and Prime Lip!) as I do with all my lip products. I really do recommend a lip primer for matte lip products especially, because there's nothing more not super cute than flaky lips when you wear a matte product. The lipstick was easy to apply, and did not get patchy upon application. (I had exfoliated, always exfoliate for matte products, too!) The doe foot applicator annoys some, but I find that it's pretty easy to apply liquid lipsticks with the doe foot. I did not have to touch up this lipstick often, though by the end of my workday, it had somewhat faded along the inside of my lip, because of eating/drinking/talking on the phone excessively. My only complaint is that the color comes out darker than the color in the tube, but that's not a big deal - just have to work the rest of the makeup around it. It probably occurred due to the pigmentation of my lips.

Kat von D Everlasting Love Liquid
Lipstick in Lolita
Wrist swatch of Lolita
Pros:
  • Long lasting
  • Pigmented
  • Not drying
Cons:
  • Color on lips was darker than swatch color
Kat von D Everlasting Love Liquid Lipstick in Lolita - $19.00 for 0.22oz
Review - 4/5

No comments:

Post a Comment