Wednesday, August 20, 2014

Review - Charlotte Tilbury Colour Chameleon in Dark Pearl

Slowly but surely, I have been getting onto the cream eyeshadow pencil bandwagon. It started with Laura Mercier Caviar Sticks, and then moved on to By Terry Ombré Blackstars. In my latest swap, I was given a Charlotte Tilbury Colour Chamelon pencil which I was very excited to try. I liked that the shade was specified for daytime brown eyes - though I don't normally pay attention to what colors would go with my brown eyes and wear whatever.

I wore the shadow pencil on the lid with a base shadow down first, and found that the cream did not blend very well over a base shadow. I always put a base shadow down to help with blending, but will have to omit this step next time I use it. The shadow did not crease after 9 hours of wear (my workday) and still looked good.

Charlotte Tilbury Colour Chamelon in Dark Pearl
Wrist swatch of Dark Pearl, no primer.

Pros:
  • Good pigmentation
  • Smooth application
  • Did not crease

Cons:
  • Did not blend well over a base shadow
  • Needs to be sharpened - will lose product
Charlotte Tilbury Colour Chamelon in Dark Pearl - £19 for 1.6g
Review - 4/5

No comments:

Post a Comment