Friday, October 30, 2015

Hello Waffle *sigh* and Marsala Swatches and Review

Hello Waffle is one of my favorite indie brands. When Christine (the owner) puts out something new, I usually jump on it. I've had these sitting around for a while, so it's time I finally share my thoughts!



Marsala is a deeply tinted lip gloss. Marsala is 2015's color of the year (decided by chooser of arbitrary colors, Pantone), and this is Christine's take on it. I was hoping for something more of a wine shade, and this leans more brown. The gloss is definitely pigmented though, one swipe deposits plenty of color on the lips. I don't find the gloss overly sticky. The gloss comes packages in a plastic tube with a doe foot applicator. The gloss itself has an inoffensive "lip product" scent. The gloss isn't the most wear proof product (it IS a gloss!) but it leaves a slight stain behind. I didn't have any issues with bleeding or feathering.

Marsala lip gloss (limited edition) - $8.15 for 10 mL
Review - 3/5 (I dig the formula, though not the shade!)

*sigh* is a tinted product that would arise if a tinted balm and a lipstick had a baby. It's not as sheer as a tinted balm, but not as opaque as a lipstick. The shade is described as "a deep burgundy red lip balm," but I find it to be much more pink than red. The formula is not as soft as some tinted balms, and I need to apply a little pressure to get it to apply how I like. The packaging is a twist up lip balm tube. Mine is in a chubby tube, but these have recently been switched over to slimline tubes - same concept, more compact. This one also has an inoffensive scent. Since it's a hybrid lipstick/lip balm type of product, it does wear off, but more gradually and leaves a slight stain behind. I didn't experience any drying or feathering while wearing.

*sigh* lip color - $4.93 for 0.07 oz
Review - 4/5

Marsala was limited edition, and I'm not sure if it'll be making a return. *sigh* is still available, however, and I highly recommend it!

No comments:

Post a Comment