Thursday, October 29, 2015

Mini Korean Skincare Haul from RoseRoseShop

Asian skincare is my new obsession. Adding multiple steps and layering products into my routine is so much fun, and there's so many options! I recently picked up some new products from RoseRoseShop to try and integrate into my routine.


A few months ago I purchased the COSRX AHA 7 Whitehead Power Liquid as my first AHA. However, I'm not too sure it's getting the job done, so I picked up the highly recommended Mizon AHA 8% Peeling Serum. This is a stronger AHA, and hopefully when I start using this I'll start seeing the results I'm looking for. AHA is used to even skin texture, work on closed comedones, and help with dull skin, among other things. I'm still using the COSRX AHA I have, just to see if it benefits from the second product I bought - the COSRX AHA/BHA Clarifying Treatment Toner. This toner is a pH balancing toner, meaning its great for use before actives such as AHA and BHA. Actives need a specific pH to be most effective, and this toner will bring down the skin's pH to a level that will allow those actives to do their thing. I've been using this for a couple of weeks now, and am definitely seeing an improvement after I use my actives!

The last thing I got are the COSRX One Step Pimple Clear Pads. (If you can't tell, I'm a passenger aboard the COSRX hype train.) These pads have been likened to the Stridex pads in the red box, though the exfoliant in the COSRX pads is different. These pads use betaine salicylate, a more gentle BHA than the salicylic acid found in the Stridex pads. BHAs are great for fighting active acne, blackheads, and enlarged pores (all of which I have!)  I haven't used these yet, but am looking forward to working them in when the time comes!

If you're looking into using actives in your skincare routine, make sure you're using sunscreen as well. You should always wear a sunscreen, but active use makes the skin more susceptible to sun damage, and it'll ruin all your hard work!

I have even MORE AB skincare stuff incoming, it's all so exciting!

1 comment:

  1. I want all the CosRX too! I hope I'll have some before the end of the year :D

    ReplyDelete