Tuesday, February 10, 2015

Haul and NOTD - ILNP

So after my good friend Nicole posted some nail looks with ILNP nail polishes, I had to pick some up for myself. I picked up two polishes - Fall Semester and Supernova.


ILNP Supernova (left) and Fall Semester (right)
The thing that drew me in were the ILNP Ultra Chrome Flakies. I am a sucker for glitter polishes, and the range that these had was unreal. I picked Supernova because it has a deep purple shift in it, and it seems like it would be great over black. ILNP claims that in a few coats the flakies will be opaque, which I have yet to try.

I also picked up Fall Semester, a blue shimmer polish. I felt it would pair nicely with the teal end of Supernova - I didn't want to get a mismatched set of polishes for my first purchase.

Shipping was quick - the polishes were enroute to me by the evening on the day I placed my order.

Nail look using Fall Semester and Supernova
For the nail look, I used Fall Semester on every nail, and then loaded up Supernova on the ring finger. The flakies were indeed opaque with a few coats, and unlike other glitter polishes, they were not uneven and chunky. I did need an extra layer of top coat for smoothness. I loved how Supernova would catch the light and change colors at different angles, you can see a bit of that in the photos with the purple shift.

The polish lasted about a week on me, including my very hard on nail polish days of typing at work. The polish went on smooth and was easy to apply. I will definitely be purchasing from ILNP again - I need more flakies!

No comments:

Post a Comment