Friday, February 6, 2015

January 2015 Favorites


We're a few days into February, so it's time to talk about my favorite products from last month! I'm including some old favorites, as well as some new products I received over the holidays that I fell in love with!

1. Guerlain Meteorites Pearls in 02 Clair - I got a "deluxe mini" of these from Sephora earlier in the year (it was one of each pearl. Thanks, Sephora...) and really liked them, so I added the full size to my Christmas wishlist - and Santa delivered! I love how luxe the packaging is, it looks so pretty sitting on my vanity. I use these as a finishing powder, and brush on lightly with a fan brush for a light glow. The powder also blurs any small imperfections that may not have been addressed by the thousand other products on my face! The price tag may be a little much, but I have used this daily since I got it, and haven't seen any signs of product usage.

2. Laura Mercier Caviar Stick in Sugar Frost - I'm on the fence about LM products after I read her rude remarks about Americans and makeup. (I could definitely rant, but now is not the time!) However, I have a couple of the Caviar Sticks and really like them, especially Sugar Frost. It's literally the easiest inner corner eye highlight I have ever used. Smudge it on and go! This blends out nicely, so you can either concentrate it for a more definied highlight, or sheer it out for a nice inner corner glow. 

3. Koko Lashes #103 - I received these as a gift for Christmas, and I LOVE them! They are reminiscent of my favorite Au Naturale lashes, but they apparently much cheaper. I did a full review of these lashes here, so I won't gush on about these for too long. They will apparently be sold at IMATS NY, so I am excited to get a few more pairs!

4. Lit Cosmetics glitter in Barbie Shops - I mentioned in another post that I'm on a total glitter kick lately. Barbie Shops is the perfect glitter to dab into the inner corner for a bit of extra sparkle, especially if where you are going isn't super glitter friendly. I also love to layer this on top of more neutral looks, as it adds a wonderful kick of shimmer to amp up a boring nude eye.

5. Bite Beauty High Pigment Lip Pencil in Rhubarb - I honestly don't know how I've gone so long without adding this to a favorites list. This was my first Bite product, and it is still my favorite. This is a great My Lips But Better shade for me, and the formula is to die for. I am to finish the mini size I have of this pencil this year, and I will definitely be repurchasing it in a full size. This would probably be on a desert island product list if I were to ever make such a thing.

No comments:

Post a Comment