Monday, February 23, 2015

Haul and Swatches - Sugarpill Chromalust eyeshadows

I really meant to write up this post a lot sooner...but life happened. I got my hands on two of the new Sugarpill Chromalust loose eyeshadows (of course, one of which is limited edition...) and I am excited to show them off!

Sugarpill Chromalust loose eyeshadows in Pastille (left) and Mint Soda (right)
Sugarpill Pastille swatches  - left over bare skin, rightover
Fyrinnae Pixie Epoxy
Sugarpill Mint Soda swatches - left over bare skin, right over
Fyrinnae Pixie Epoxy
Sugarpill Pastille is a "pale carnation pink with sparkling flecks of gold." Worn alone, the description fits perfectly. Over a sticky base, the shade transforms into a lovely pinky rose gold. I also wore the shade wet, and it took on the gold foil effect that the sticky base also had. I recommend wearing this shade over the sticky base, as when wearing just wet, the sparkles migrated into eyelid creases throughout the day.

Sugarpill Mint Soda is a "radiant metallic mint with sparkling gold sheen." I feel that the green is more of a lime-ish green than a mint, I picture mint to be a more bluish shade. This shade did not deliver as much as I'd have liked, but over a sticky base it looked great. I think this shade will really need to be layered over a white base for it to really stand out.

Unfortunately, Pastille was a limited edition shade that was sold at IMATS LA this year, and a small amount of stock was released online with the other new shades. I look forward to picking up other shades from the new release of the Chromalust eyeshadows!

No comments:

Post a Comment