Wednesday, June 3, 2015

Arcana Peaches Crave Beaches - Review


Arcana's pre summer release was huge. So huge, that I pretty much missed all of it (and I really don't want to talk about it.) (And this isn't even a seasonal release, goddamn!) I did, however, get the one peach scent out of the Peaches Crave collection that I really wanted - Peaches Crave Beaches. I saw that the Rhinestone Housewife had a few bottles left, and I immediately added to cart. I checked out on Friday the 29th, and it was in my mailbox on June 1st - super speedy, love it! 

Peaches Crave Beaches is listed as "green bamboo, coconut, vanilla musk, citron, lemongrass, bergamot, and dewy peach flesh." Opening the bottle, the scent is citrus and lemongrass and a hint of coconut - it smells like a tropical getaway in a bottle. I stood there and huffed it for a good minute or two. It smelled SO GOOD. Wet on the skin it smells more fruity, with the peach coming into play, ad to me it sort of smells like pineapple as well. The wet scent smells like a big, tall, fruity cocktail - the kind you'd sip under a sun hat and big sunglasses in a cabana on the beach. After the oil dries down, the scent stays fruity, but turns a bit green with the lemongrass and bamboo coming out to help ground the scent. The overall scent is that of a tropical drink getting caught in an island breeze. Perfect for fruity scent lovers who enjoy summer.

The oil itself lasted a decent amount of time on the skin, there was no mad wrist sniffing to detect it throughout the day. The throw was decent yet not overpowering, I could catch hints of the scent while gesturing during conversation, but I wasn't waving up a cloud of Malibu Bay Breezes (it sort of smells like that!) The sillage was nice, you won't be having hibiscus flowers blooming in your wake, but someone you pass might get the very faintest whiff of summer. I only wore a small dab due to LIMITED EDITION though, I could see this scent being very strong and sweet if you load it on.

Pros:
  • Great set of notes!
  • Encapsulated summer and the beach.
  • Lasted a decent amount of time on the skin.
Cons:
  • Limited Edition :(
  • Arcana Pls :(
Arcana Peaches Crave Beaches perfume oil - $18.00 for 5 mL
Review - 5/5

No comments:

Post a Comment