Tuesday, June 9, 2015

Too Faced Melted Metal Liquefied Lipstick in Peony - Review

Too Faced recently expanded their line of Melted lipsticks with Melted Metal lipsticks. Although Peony was the shade that looked the worst on me from the original line, the Metal shade actually doesn't look too bad! I picked this up a little while ago, during my Sephora spring sale haul. (Yes, I am still going through stuff from this haul. No, I am not done yet. Yes, I bought too much.)



Peony is described as a "metallic dusty rose." The original Peony shade is a "dusty rose" so they just slapped "metallic" in there to fit the Metal theme. The added shimmer brings this shade to be a bright rose gold, emphasis on the rose. The Melted lipsticks have a squeeze applicator with a felt tip, and the lipsticks applies smoothly. There is a lipsticky vanilla scent to the lipstick that fades a little while after application. The formula is light, and not sticky. The shimmer in the lipstick did not cause any graininess. Unlike other liquid formulas, this lipstick does not fully set, and it does not have a matte finish. 

While wearing, I noticed that the color tended to gather into the lip lines. The shimmer in the lipstick also highlighted any imperfection in the lips, as it would gather around anything like flakes. I didn't notice any dryness caused by the lipstick, however, or any additional flaking caused by the lipstick itself - just things emphasized by the shimmer in the lipstick formula. I do like how the shimmer caught the light and made my lips look a little fuller, as I don't have the world's most full lips. I did not notice any bleeding or feathering, though the lipstick was prone to transfer.

Pros:
  • Easy application
  • Squeezy applicator with sponge tip is actually not horrible!
  • No bleeding/feathering
Cons:
  • Definite scent
  • Prone to transfer
  • Gathers into lip lines
Too Faced Melted Metal Liquefied Lipstick in Peony - $21.00 for 0.40 oz
Review - 3/5

1 comment:

  1. Is it weird I want that shade for my eyelids? I don't think I'd like it on my lips, but it'll make a PERFECT eyeshadow shade!

    ReplyDelete