Wednesday, June 17, 2015

Sixteen92 Hand Lotion (and Wicked Perfume Oil!) Review


After my first review of Sixteen 92 after I ordered for the first time, I was really happy with all my products. I received a couple of the hand lotions in a swap in some scents I was interested in, along with a mini of Wicked, a general catalog scent. The mini lotions get a spot on my desk at work, as they're really easy to apply after washing your hands. (And I pee a lot and my job has the world's most drying soap for some reason.) The lotion is not my most favorite formula, but it absorbs easily and gets the job done. The mini 1 oz jars are great for places like your desk!

Almond Tea Cakes - Sweet vanilla cakes with fluffy almond icing. The almond in this scent smells very much like almond extract more than a subtle almond note. Thankfully, to balance out the extract portion of the almond scent, there's a heavy dose of vanilla! The two scents blend together to create a sugary cake like scent that sticks to the skin after the lotion has been absorbed. The scent doesn't last all day, and it is not overpowering. After the lotion has been absorbed, it leaves a gentle reminder of cake behind.
Review - 4/5

Sucre Vanille -  Raw sugar, vanilla and a light floral musk with a splash of sweetened coconut milk. The scent for this lotion is initially a light floral sweetness. The coconut and vanilla balance the sugar and floral scent nicely. It reminds me slightly of Warm Vanilla Sugar from Bath and Body Works, but less manufactured, if you get what I mean. The scent is very light and non overwhelming. I'm a big vanilla and coconut fan, so I really liked this combo.
Review - 4/5

Wicked - Three vanillas, dark aged patchouli, almond buttercream. Straight from the vial, the scent is an airy almond extract, reminiscent of the almond from Almond Tea Cakes. Wet on the skin, the almond remains, with the same airy back note that I can't put my finger on. (Is it buttercream? I'm lactose intolerant, so I wouldn't know.) As it dries, the scent picks up a bit of vanilla. I detected no patchouli, thankfully, which I was afraid of. I'm not patchouli's biggest fan. This is a popular scent from Sixteen92, but it did not wow me. It wasn't bad at all, just nothing I need to own.
Review - 2.5/5


Perfume oils work differently for different people due to skin chemistry. This is my experience with these perfume oils and scents, which may differ for you!

No comments:

Post a Comment