Thursday, May 21, 2015

Kat von D Studded Kiss Lipstick in La Femme/L'Ecole des Femmes - Review

So I'm a pretty big fan of the Kat von D makeup line. Although the new(ish) Studded Kiss lipsticks are kind of hit and miss, the ones I've tried so far I've liked. I follow Kat von D and Kat von D beauty on instagram, and the other day she wore the gorgeous shade La Femme and I had to have it.


If you check the Sephora site now, the shade is listed as "La Femme." However, when the line dropped last year, the shade was "L'Ecole des Femmes," presumably named after the boutique shop of the same name. Now, I have no idea what happened, probably a legal thing, but the name is now "La Femme." The tube I received had the label with the old name, which I thought was a little neat. (Which tells you more about me than you need to know.)



La Femme is listed as a "bright matte coral pink." I like this shade of coral, I tend to gravitate more towards pinky corals than orange leaning corals. The application for this shade was a bit stiff - it didn't exactly drag on the lips, but it didn't glide along. Thankfully, it also didn't feel like it was about to break off in the tube like the Studded Kiss lipsticks are known to do. The formula is pigmented, and though the application is stiff, it was still fairly easy to work with. I wore this over my trusty lip primer, so that may have aided in my application. The finish was a nice matte - not the type of hyper matte that spells disaster to come later in the day in the form of parched lips, but a nice matte that actually looks good

I experienced little transfer, just your tripical kiss print on my coffee cup, nothing major. No bleeding or feathering, even with no lip liner - I guess the stiffness of the formula comes into play here. I personally did not find the lipstick drying, but please keep in mind I wore a primer. It is a matte formula, so it may be drying without a primer. Throughout the day, the color gathered into my lip lines and began to highlight flakes. I kept pressing and rubbing my lips together to redistribute the product which seemed to help, but overall a reapplication and blot fixed the problem. I needed to reapply after eating anyway.

The Studded Kiss lipsticks aren't the world's hardiest lipsticks. They can be finicky sometimes, but a lot of the shades are nice and I personally dig them. I'm happy I picked this up! I don't mind reapplying my lipstick during the day, which seems to be the cure for the problems this shade has.

Pros:
  • Pigmented
  • No bleeding/feathering
  • Non-drying
Cons:
  • Stiff application
  • Highlights flakes
  • Color gathers into lip lines
Kat von D Studded Kiss lipstick in La Femme/L'Ecole des Femmes - $21.00 for 0.10 oz
Review - 3/5

No comments:

Post a Comment