Friday, May 15, 2015

Giorgio Armani Flash Lacquer in 503 - Review

I probably mentioned it before, but lately I have been all about lip gloss. I picked up this gloss in my Sephora spring sale haul. Armani is a relatively recent addition to the brands Sephora offers, so I decided to cash in and pick this up.



Shade 503 in the tube is a medium pink with silver shimmer. When applied, it is much more sheer - adding a slight wash of pink to the lips, and the shimmer adding a nice layer of iridescence that gives the lips some depth. The glitter in the gloss does not feel gritty - I could not feel it at all. The applicator is a doe foot - a longer, skinnier doe foot that is slightly angled. The gloss itself is not sticky, and my hair did not get stuck in it, which is a huge plus.

I was really hoping that this gloss would be more pigmented, but it seems to go for more of a shimmery finish than a pigmented look. The high gloss shine is there, and the gloss itself is comfortable, not super thin but not goopy. The feel on the lips is more balmy. As the gloss sinks in, the feel is definitely balmy. This does need to be reapplied throughout the day, as it is a gloss and will transfer and be absorbed.

The packaging is a heavy plastic tube, with the lid having the GA logo on it. When twisted down, the lid "clicks" into place, which I felt adds to the packaging. It is sleek and looks a little more luxe than your average lip gloss tube, which I would hope for at the high end price point. Although the pigmentation of the gloss was a bit of a letdown, I think I will try another shade or two from the Flash Lacquer line, as I've been impressed with Giorgio Armani products from what I've tried so far.

Pros:
  • Non sticky
  • Comfortable to wear, not super thick
  • Glitter is not gritty
Cons
  • Very sheer
  • Needs to be reapplied
Giorgio Armani Flash Lacquer in 503 - $30.00 for 0.22 oz
Review - 3.5/5

No comments:

Post a Comment