Friday, May 8, 2015

Kat von D Everlasting Liquid Lipstick in Bauhau5 - Review

I picked up another of these liquid lipsticks during my sale haul, since I had been wanting it for a while. At first I had passed this shade over, but I saw someone else wear it on reddit and I was like dammit, now I need it.



Bauhau5 is a "deep raspberry." The color is a definite deep pink shade, almost leaning towards purple. The texture is a creamy liquid, not as creamy as a NYX Soft Matte Lip Cream, but it isn't a thin liquid. The applicator is a doe foot. Application is smooth, and one layer of color is all you need for full coverage. The formula sets pretty quickly, and goes from liquid, to tacky, to set. If you make any mistakes, you'll need to work quickly to clean them up. There is a slight vanilla scent to the lipstick, but it fades after application.

I wore this lipstick with a primer, since this matte formula can be quite drying. However, it does not bleed or feather - it stays put once it is fully dry. There was very little transfer with this lipstick throughout the day, even with eating. As the day wore on, my lips did feel a little parched, but this is a very matte formula, so that is to be expected (and that's why I wear a primer!) The lipstick did wear off a little bit on the inside of my lips, but the lipstick also left an incredibly pigmented stain, so much so that my lips were a great pink color the next day!

I'm just going to have to resign myself to the fact that I'm going to end up owning all of these lipsticks, the formula is definitely my favorite liquid lipstick.

Pros:
  • Smooth application
  • Pigmented
  • Doesn't budge
  • Leaves a stain
  • Sets quickly
Cons:
  • Slight scent
  • Quite drying
  • ...leaves a stain!
  • Sets quickly, can be an issue if you muck it up.
  • I keep saying "bauhaufive"
Kat von D Everlasting Liquid Lipstick in Bauhau5 - $21.00 for 0.22 oz
Review - 5/5

1 comment:

  1. I know I'm going to end up with all of these. I just know it! I'm loving every single shade I own. I have Underage Red, LUV and Vampira in my sights next. I'll probably end up with LUV before summer ends, and the other two by fall.

    Not to mention all those new shades!

    ReplyDelete