Sunday, May 24, 2015

Arcana Breakfast in Hollywood perfume oil - Review

Now that I've gotten sucked into the world of Arcana scents, I thought I would pick up a scent from their general catalog. I was placing an order from the Rhinestone Housewife anyway, so I perused through some GC scents and settled on Breakfast in Hollywood.


Breakfast in Hollywood is described as "juicy pink grapefruit shimmies up against a bevy of California citrus fruits, sparkling champagne and ripe strawberries." Opening the bottle, the first sniff is of syrupy fruit. Like canned fruit in syrup - very sweet, a little sticky. On the skin, the sickening sweetness spreads out and opens up, becoming an array of fruits - citrus and strawberry. As the oil dries down, it lifts and the fizzy champagne becomes evident, leaving you with the scent of a mimosa with a strawberry popped on the side of the glass. (You know, what you'd be drinking if you were a starlet with big sunglasses on Sunset Boulevard!)

The throw on this isn't huge, it tended to stick pretty close to my skin. Since it's a lighter, fruity scent, the wear time wasn't super long, about 3-4 hours, but I could still smell fruit on my skin if I sniffed my wrist (which I do at my desk all the time, like your typical office weird person who loves her perfume.) I'm happy with my choice in this scent, it's light and bubbly and great for warmer weather.

Pros:
  • General catalog!
  • Major notes are definitely detectable
  • Didn't go sour on me!
Cons:
  • Wear time is on the shorter side
  • Sticks closer to the skin
Arcana Breakfast in Hollywood perfume oil - $17.00 for 5 mL (at the Rhinestone Housewife)
Review - 4.5/5

Perfume oils work differently for different people due to skin chemistry. This is my experience with this perfume oil, which may differ for you!

No comments:

Post a Comment